Photo Credit Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vilmaphoto/5201933417/
So first of all congratulations! You are engaged, now it is time to start the planning adventure. I am sure you have heard stories of bride’s dresses not fitting, not arriving on time, arriving damaged or worse NOT at all. Follow these steps and you will have the dress of your dreams with no room for error and will most likely save you some money along the way.
Decide what type of event you are going to have. The dress should reflect the type of ceremony and reception you having. If you are having a rustic outdoor ceremony odds are a dress that you would see a bride wearing in a very formal catholic church are not going be suitable for your event.
Now that you have determined the style you are going for you can start to get some ideas of looks you like. Whether you look online, in magazines, or in books for examples just keep in mind like any other item of clothing, what looks good on the model wearing it in the magazine, may not look good on you. Take notes of what you like about the dresses: fabric color, beading, the neckline, and the length for instance.
Depending on your ceremony location you may want to contact the site coordinator to see if there are any restrictions on the amount of skin you can show. Find that out before you even think about stepping into a dress to avoid any issues that could incur when you find out the dress you ordered is not appropriate for your sanctuary.
The Take-Away Message:
- Contact your ceremony site director to establish any attire restrictions.
- Determine the style wedding you are going for and pick a dress to reflect that style.
- Keep an open mind when trying on dresses.
That’s it for today’s installment of tricks and tips of the trade. Follow along throughout the week while we let you in on our tips for a successful wedding!!!! If you have any tips or questions please do not hesitate to share with us!
- Get ready! We are busting down the doors!!!! (eventsbyl.wordpress.com)
- Planning your wedding: 5 things all brides-to-be need to know (diamondmanufacturers.wordpress.com)
- How To Lace up a Corset Back (lillianlottiebridalcouture.wordpress.com)
- To have wedding dresses suitable for you (foreverfashionstyle.wordpress.com)